To Our Highly Valued Team Members, Clients, and Vendors:
We would first like to wish all team members and their families well during this difficult time. Thank you to all employees that continue to report to work and at the same time wish those well that have decided to take time off, we hope to see you soon.
Like you, Bradford & Bigelow is very concerned with the spread of COVID-19. We are closely monitoring and implementing guidelines from the CDC and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. At this time, B&B continues to operate at essentially full capacity, and going forward, we expect to maintain full operational status given the time-sensitive, mission-critical, zero-defect projects we do for governmental, financial, and healthcare institutions. Additionally, we have taken the following steps to mitigate the spread of the virus to our team members, clients, and vendors:
- To the greatest extent possible, all non-production team members are operating remotely, safely, and securely from home offices
- Production personnel operate over four shifts minimizing social contact within our 150,000 sq. ft. facility
- All team members are following the Center for Disease Control preventative guidelines
- Discretionary travel has been eliminated
- With the exception of critical service calls, all in-person vendor visits have been eliminated
- Internal janitorial services have been increased for all high volume touch areas (doorknobs, counters, copiers, vending machines, and bathrooms are sanitized daily)
- At the start of every shift for 30+ minutes, all employees disinfect all touchpoints and surfaces of the equipment they will be working with
- B&B has hired an outside cleaning service to perform deep cleanings of all public areas including break areas and restrooms
- We have increased sanitary products throughout the plant:
- Disinfecting hand wipe dispensers installed in or near every department
- Disinfecting spray bottles are available for every employee
- Additional soap dispensers have been installed in the break areas and restrooms
- Antibacterial spray for hands and equipment available in all departments
- All-purpose disinfecting spray available in all areas of the plan
- Personal protection equipment:
- Bradford & Bigelow is providing every employee with a face mask at the start of every shift, it is required to be worn except when in the break area eating lunch or dinner
- Gloves have been made available for all employees
- B&B is now purchasing lunch and dinner for all employees every shift for the foreseeable future to minimize the need to go out in public
- We have offered a $2/hour pay increase to the employees that wish to continue to come to work and have allowed those that don’t to take time off as necessary
- Lunch breaks have been staggered to reduce traffic in the cafeteria and allow for distancing
- We practice social distancing throughout the plant, each employee maintains a minimum of 6ft from their colleagues
On the business side, our print, warehouse, and distribute model continues to do well. Consequently, we have added another 50,000 sq. ft. of warehousing and distribution space in nearby Seabrook, New Hampshire. Several clients have asked B&B to print and hold product due to school and other warehouse being closed or greatly reduced capacity. We are happy to assist. Our goal remains the same, to be the best-in-class supplier for our long-term partners.
In summary, wash your hands, keep your distance, be positive, proactive, and compassionate. This too shall pass!
If you would like a copy of our business continuity plan, please request it through our contact form.